Does tha fancy a challenge? Come ‘n’ do a proper ‘un…
The Holme Valley Trail Half Marathon, is a hilly course with two loops of the moorland and forested tracks which are also enjoyed by the Stairway to Heaven trail race runners. Experience of trail running and the half marathon distance is recommended.
You’ll encounter exposed sections of running, stream crossings, mud, rocky climbs and also a road section at the start, middle and finish.
You’ll set off one hour before the larger trail race and you’ll need the extra time as there is a challenging climb after Holme Styes Reservoir which you will enjoy twice.
As more people enter the Stairway to Heaven trail race, if you are competing for the Series you will receive double points for this course.
Food, drink, chat and prizes are in the hall afterwards. Please stay for our series prize giving.
What You Get
- The best magnetic, interlocking medal we could get our hands on
- Your medal is part of the Summer Wine Trails Series medal collection.
- An insured and licensed running event with professional first aid cover
- Fully way marked course
- Free photos (where available)
- A warm Yorkshire welcome
- Water at the finish line (and two water stations on our Half Marathon distance.)
- A chance to win from our huge prize list, including spot prizes. See our full list and check our FAQs for rules and terms around prizes
- Food and drink available after (not included)
- High quality series tech t-shirt (optional)